Monday, November 28, 2011

Letters to Juliet


It’s Juliet’s house in VERONA. A wall of courtyard always covered in envelopes and letters. People with broken heart come to Juliet seeking for some answers.


Claire wrote a letter to Juliet in 1951 when she was 15.
            I didn't go to him, Juliet. I didn't go to Alfonso. I was on holiday with my parents; he was a local boy, he picked grapes at a vineyard. It was his eyes. I still remember the first time those eyes found me. My parents would never approve so we made plans to run away. We were supposed to meet at that vineyard but when the time came, I couldn't bring myself to go. My parents and I returned to London the next morning. I'm so afraid.  I fear the only thing worse than not being with him would be knowing he doesn't want to be with me.
Please, tell me what to do.
With love,
Claire Smith.


After 57 long years Claire received a letter all the way from VERONA. It was an answer from Juliet and this letter changed everything for Claire.
         'What' and ‘if’ two words as nonthreatening as words come. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: ‘What if?'…
I don't know how your story ended. But I know that if what you felt then was love - true love - then it's never too late. If it was true then why wouldn't it be true now? You need only the courage to follow your heart...
I don't know what a love like that feels like... a love to leave loved ones for, a love to cross oceans for... but I'd like to believe if I ever felt it. I'd have the courage to seize it. I hope you had the courage to seize it, Claire. And if you didn't, I hope one day that you will.
Juliet


I so wish, this turns out to be TRUE for me. All I have is a HOPE.

No comments:

Post a Comment